The Department of Teaching and Learning Technology Advisory Committee consists of several faculty members as well as a representative from CASTIC. We meet multiple times a year to facilitate our department-approved mission and goals.
Provide support for Teaching and Learning faculty and students with respect to instructional and professional technology knowledge, skills, and dispositions in teaching, practice, and research.
- Facilitate technology-related faculty workshops and
- Promote the inclusion of technology as an instructional and classroom management tool in various courses across our programs
- Provide support and guidance for technology-related proposals, especially tech-fee proposals
- Increase awareness of available technologies and technological support school- and campuswide, and increase access to procedures for these technologies and support
Tech Support Contacts
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: On campus: 7-2694,
off campus: 305-348-2694
- Location PC 318
ZEB-Building Specific Technology Support
- Contact: Nicole Sanchez De Laet
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ZEB Office: ZEB 331A
- Phone: 305-348-2499
SEHD iPad Carts
SEHD has three iPad carts with 30 iPads that can be signed out for faculty to use with students in class and for signed out to take off campus for homework. There are also pelican carts for faculty who want to take a set of iPads out of the building. The pelican carts provide a secure way to move the iPads. For more information, including the online request form, iPad calendar, and apps on each iPad cart, visit the iPad Carts page.
The online tools below can be used across curricular areas.
- Bookcreator: A simple tool to create ebooks on the web, or on an iPad, or Chromebooks. Create a book and publish it to Apple's iBooks Store, or share it online. Online books can be created free.
Appavailable on some SEHD iPads.
- Educreations: An interactive whiteboard and screencasting tool with which you can annotate, animate, and narrate nearly any type of content as you explain any concept. Teachers can create short instructional videos and share them instantly with students, or ask students to show what they know and help friends learn something new. Several can be created for free.
- Linoit: An online bulletin board, sticky note collaboration program.
- Livebinders: An electronic binder online that is a useful way to organize all your digital media for presenting and sharing — build up to five binders for free.
- PDF Candy: An free, all-in-one tool for managing PDFs. You can edit PDF files, convert PDFs to Word or JPG formats, and merge, split or compress PDFs.
- Popplet: An online, collaborative graphic organizer or mind-map program. Several graphic organizers can be made for free.
- Remind: Remind is a free text messaging app that helps teachers, students and parents communicate quickly and efficiently. Messages can be sent in real time to an entire class, a small group, or just a single person. You can also schedule announcements ahead of time and attach photos and other files.