Courses and hands-on learning experiences prepare students to make a difference in the classroom and beyond, influencing policy and driving student success.
You’ll work with schools and your community in different spaces, making a significant impact. You’ll also learn to become an advocate for elementary students and their education.
- Prepare for employment in professions that depend on education such as government agencies, policymaking, business, private school setting, nonprofit organizations
- Learn appropriate best practices and teaching methods for schools and other educational settings
- Enhance skills in art and art history, computer programming and other areas
This track does not result in a teacher certification.
Grades K-6 with ESOL and Reading Endorsements
You'll shape the future of tomorrow's children by teaching them and making a difference in the classroom. You'll also develop multicultural understandings and work toward more equity and inclusion in the classroom.
- Prepare to teach grades K-6 and to earn reading and TESOL endorsement
- Meet Florida certification requirements through coursework, field experiences, and student learning
- Undertake advanced field school internship and practicum experiences
College to Career
- Elementary school teacher
- Curriculum development
- Nonprofit organizations
- Elementary education programming and coding