Resources available at the department, college and university levels to help you succeed in mathematics courses.
- Calculus for Business (without graphing calculators)
- Calculus I & II
- College Algebra
- Differential Equations
- Finite Math
- Multivariable Calculus
- Pre-Calculus Algebra
- Pre-Calculus Algebra & Trigonometry
- Social Choice Math
- Calculus I for Engineering
- Calculus II for Engineering
- Calculus III for Engineering
- Discrete Mathematics
- Linear Algebra
- Statistics for Business & Economics
- Intro to Statistics I
- Intro to Probability & Statistics for Computer Science
- Statistics I
- Statistics II
- Statistics for Behavioral & Social Sciences II
- Statistics for the Health Professions
- Statistics for Biology I
Free Statistics Tutoring
STA 2023 Business Statistics
STA 3033 Statistics for Engineering & CS
STA 2122 Statistics for Behavioral and Social Sciences I
STA 3123 Statistics for Behavioral and Social Sciences II
STA 3111 Statistics I
STA 3112 Statistics II
STA 3145 Statistics for Health Professionals
STA 3163 Statistical Methods I
STA 3164 Statistical Methods II
10 am - 5 pm @ Monday - Friday
(Friday 11 am - 1 pm Zoom only)
University Park Campus, DM 403A
Students who wish to get help from our TA's are encouraged to make appointments with our TA's by sending message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Although walk-ins (and online walk-ins) are welcome, priority will be given to those who have made their appointments.
Virtual Study Halls
If students would like to schedule a group study session, they can do this through the Front Desk, either by calling 305-348-2441 or by going in person to GL 120. Questions? Contact Center for Academic Success Mathematics Coordinator Vicenta Shepard at email@example.com.
This semester, The Center for Academic Success (CfAS) is offering online tutoring via Zoom and in-person tutoring in GL 120 at MMC and AC1 160 at BBC in a wide variety of subjects. CfAS tutoring hours are Mondays-Thursdays 9am-8pm, Fridays 9am-5pm, Saturdays 12pm-5pm, and Sundays 3pm-8pm. Students can set up one-on-one appointments in four ways:
- Call the CfAS Front Desk at 305-348-2441 (MMC) or 305-919-5927 (BBC), or
- Go in person to either the Front Desk in GL 120 at MMC or AC1 160 at BBC, or
- Use Panther Success Network (PSN) by going to go.fiu.edu/psn, logging in with their FIU username and password, clicking the "Schedule an Appointment" button at the top right of the page, and scrolling down to "Tutoring - Center for Academic Success." The directions on the website after that will help students finish setting up their appointment, or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include their name, Panther ID, and course name or code.
Students can sign up for one session per course at a time, but as soon as the tutoring session ends, they will be able to set up another appointment. The tutoring sessions begin at the top of every hour (for example, 9am, 10am, etc.) and last 50 minutes.
Additionally, CfAS can set up group tutoring appointments by request through the Front Desk. These sessions would also begin at the top of every hour and last 50 minutes.
Please visit the CfAS website at cfas.fiu.edu to learn more about CfAS services. You can also contact the Front Desk at email@example.com or the CfAS Mathematics Coordinator, Vicenta Shepard, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or for more information.
Academic Success Plan
CfAS has a program called the Academic Success Plan (ASP). This program is for students who may wish to make improvements in managing their time or could use help with organization or study habits. Students in the ASP program are each assigned to a veteran tutor and meet weekly with the tutor to work on the aforementioned skills as well as the course material. If you would like more information about ASP's or if you would like to activate an ASP for Calculus II or any other subject, you can contact the Academic Coach, Kiara Kumar, at email@example.com.