Career Readiness Milestones
The path to your first job starts as soon as your academic journey. Make sure you’re on the right one at every step along the way.
- Make an appointment to visit your academic advisor
- Make an appointment with a Career Coach at Career & Talent Development
- Attend at least 2 CASE Career workshops
- Attend at least 2 Career and Talent Development workshops, and both Career & Internship Fairs
- Join at least 1 student/professional organization
- Create peer connections (in class through groups, in student organizations, campus events, in your residence halls, etc.)
- Create Handshake, LinkedIn and Panther Connect accounts
- Create a resume and have it critiqued by Career and Talent Development - check out the "Drop-In" Hours!
Get Started with Handshake
The Handshake platform helps FIU students and alumni connect with employers and find jobs and internships, event information and on-campus recruiting opportunities.