We’re here to help you get ready for an impactful career.
- Handshake - User-focused career development website
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - Information about employment in the United States
- LinkedIn Workforce Report - Insights, trends and more
- My Next Move - Match careers to your interests
- View the latest internship, fellowship and job opportunities
Career Readiness Milestones
The path to your first job starts as soon as your academic journey. Make sure you’re on the right one at every step along the way.
- Make an appointment to visit your academic advisor
- Make an appointment with a Career Advisor at Career & Talent Development or see them during their drop-in hours!
- Join a student or professional organization
- Join Panther2PantherMentorCollective and get paired with a mentor
- Attend Career events
- Workshops hosted by CTD & CASE Career
- Career & Internship Fairs
- Complete the Panther Career Readiness Module within your first semester
- Create Handshake, Panther Connect & LinkedIn account
- Utilize VMock Smart Resume Platform to create and enhance your resume online
CASE Career EventsWhether you're a new student or just about to graduate, you can take an active role in your career development now. With multiple events geared towards career exploration and preparation, you can feel confident each step of the way.
Get Started with Handshake
The Handshake platform helps FIU students and alumni connect with employers and find jobs and internships, event information and on-campus recruiting opportunities.