Value Added Model (VAM) scores are derived from
- 0 = Good, or predicted
- >0 = Better than predicted
- <0 = Less (worse) than predicted
Our sample sizes tend to be small and do not reflect the actual number of completers in the field. It should be noted that sometimes Reading teachers teach Math and therefore receive Math VAM scores, and sometimes Math teachers teach Reading and therefore receive Reading VAM scores.
Student Characteristics identified to “level the playing field”
- Up to two prior years of achievement scores
- Number of subject-relevant courses enrolled in
- Students with Disabilities Status
- English Language Learner Status
- Gifted Status
- Mobility (number of times student changed schools)
Differencefrom modal age in grade as an indicator of retention
- Class size
- Homogeneity of students' entering test scores
The VAM data are used as one measure of our completers' impact on P-12 learning. These data are also analyzed to determine if there is
By Florida statute, evaluation data is made available to the institution during each subsequent academic year. Data is updated during the Summer semester.
Yearly VAM Scores
2019-2020 evaluations were cancelled by the Florida Governor's Emergency Order due to the COVID Pandemic. Personnel evaluation data and VAM data will not be available for the 2019-2020 academic year.