The 18- to 21-credit Minor in Education is open to students majoring in art, English, mathematics, modern languages, music, sciences and social studies.
Education Core (15 credits)
- EDF 4604 Cultural and Social Foundations of Education (3)
- EDP 3004/5053 Educational Psychology (3)
- EDG 3321/5414 Instructional Decision Making (3)
- ESE 4343C/5344 Secondary Classroom Management (3)
- RED 5147 Developmental Reading (3)
Subject Area Specific (3-6 credits)
- English 6-12/TESOL
- LAE 4335/5336C Special Teaching Lab: English (3)
- MAE 4330 Teaching and Learning Secondary Mathematics (3)
- SCE 4330 Secondary Science Teaching Methods (3)
- Social Studies
- SSE 4384 Special Teaching Lab: Social Studies (3)
- FLE 4314/5142 Methods of Teaching Modern Languages in Elementary School (3)
- FLE 4375/5371 Methods of Teaching Modern Languages at the Secondary Level (3)
- Art Education
- ARE 4316 Special Teaching Lab: Art K-5 (3)
- ARE 4341 Special Teaching Lab: Art 6-12 (3)
- Music Education
- MUE 3340 Elementary Music Methods (3)
- MUE 4341 Secondary Music Methods (3)
For more information, consult the Undergraduate Catalog.
- Professional Training Option
Students may apply for the Professional Training Option (PTO): Education Minor program through an advisor. Students who complete the entire program will have their transcripts endorsed as having successfully completed the PTO.
Current degree-seeking students should submit the Change of Program/Plan form to add a minor. Approved minor applications will be forwarded to the Registrar for processing.