As educators, the curricular process is vital to ensure the highest quality of teaching that embodies a standard of excellence across every classroom experience. Be informed about those processes, course policies, the Curriculum Committee and the Committee's responsibilities.
FIU Online provides pedagogical and technological tools as well as training for online professors to make curriculum accessible, engaging and effective for your students.
The process of a course proposal, approval and implementation take about 2-3 business weeks. In the request form, be sure to include your department chair's email in the Supervisor Email space, so that they can get a copy of the request.
- Faculty submits online course proposal
- CASE conducts enrollment analysis
- CASE conducts pedagogical assessment
- FIU Online assigns Instructional Designer (ID)
- Faculty and ID Designer design course shell and content
Here are resources that will help guide you through the process.
- Checklist for Professors
- Original Course Development
- Online Course Development Request Form
- Payment Matrix
- Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Gebelein in the CASE Dean's Office.
Online Teaching Training and Standards
Want to be up-to-date with the best modes of online teaching?
Are your courses meeting QM standards?
Having any trouble with your Blackboard course?
We offer many opportunities for our faculty and staff. We also love to hear about any opportunities you'd like to share that will benefit other faculty and staff as well as students and the community.