- Advising Guide
- I. The Study of Philosophy
- II. Pre-Law and Philosophy
- III. Requirements for the Philosophy Major
- IV. Requirements for the Philosophy Minor
- V. Independent Study in Philosophy
- VI. Honors in Philosophy
- VII. Declaring a Major, Second Major or Minor in Philosophy
- VIII. Evaluation of Transfer Credit
- IX. Graduate School in Philosophy
- X. Law School and Graduate Study in Other Disciplines
- XI. Letters of Recommendation
- XII. Philosophy Advising
- XIII. Applying for Graduation
Students may declare a Philosophy major when applying to the University or switch to the major after being admitted to the University.
The Panther Degree Audit for philosophy majors has the General Track as its default setting, and so majors who wish to declare a Professional Track or a Specialized Track major must meet with their advisor, who will inform the appropriate officials of the choice. Students must declare the Specialized Track at least two semesters before graduation.
To switch to the Philosophy major or add it as a second major or a minor, students must complete the Change of Program Plan Form and have it signed by the Philosophy advisor. A minimum 2.0 grade point average is required for acceptance into the Philosophy major or minor.