The Office of Clinical Experiences coordinates placements for: Field Experiences, Student Teaching, and Counseling Practicum and Internships. Please see the following information and feel free to contact us at 305-348-2082 for additional information.
To obtain a placement, bring a valid security clearance card (Miami-Dade County) or badge (Broward County) and a printed copy of your current course schedule to the Office of Clinical Experiences (ZEB 130), Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. All placements must be arranged through the Office of Clinical Experiences.
Please be aware of the following policies. All students must:
- Be fingerprinted and cleared through the appropriate school district before beginning field experience hours
- Contact the administrator at the assigned school to schedule a meeting
- Attend all school visits as scheduled with your Master Teacher
- Demonstrate professional behavior and appropriate attire at all field sites
- Maintain an ongoing record of your school visits, using the FIU Field Experience Attendance Log
Online Application Process for All Initial Teacher Education Programs - Spring 2024
Online applications for Spring 2024 Student Teaching will be accepted from Monday, May 15 to Friday, June 30.
Student teaching applicants must pass all parts of the GK in order to apply.
Passing scores for the Professional Education and Subject Area Exams must be submitted by Dec. 1, 2023.
Click link to access: Undergraduate ST application
Click link to access: School Counseling Practicum/ Internship Application
Note: If you have not been fingerprinted, your clearance card or badge has expired, or if you have any questions, please contact us at 305-348-2082, visit ZEB 130, or email: Ms. Mary Ann Gonzalez: email@example.com, or Dr. Judith Cohen: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!