The Office of Clinical Experiences helps coordinate students' placement in their field experience, student teaching, and counseling practicum and internships. Contact us at 305-348-2082 for more information.
Due to COVID-19, field experiences are not being scheduled at this time.
In order to ensure that the School of Education and Human Development complies with the regulations of the hosting districts all public, charter, and private school placements must be arranged through the Office of Clinical Experiences.
To obtain a placement, students need to bring a valid security clearance card (Miami-Dade County) or badge (Broward County) and a copy of their course schedule to the Office of Clinical Experiences in ZEB 130, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
Please be aware of the following policies:
- All placements must be arranged through the Office of Clinical Experiences.
- All students must be fingerprinted and cleared before beginning field experience hours.
- Placement requests must be arranged before the mandatory school Orientation.
- Students must attend Orientation to comply with district and building policies as set forth by the building administrator.
- Students must demonstrate professional behavior and appropriate attire at all field sites.
Application for All Initial Teacher Education Programs - Spring 2022
Students must meet SEHD program admission requirements by Sept. 17, 2021. View the Spring 2022 Application Instructions for all requirements.
Student Teaching FTCE Requirement: The passing score report for all four parts of the General Knowledge (GK) exam must be submitted by Sept. 17, 2021. The passing score reports for the Subject Area (SAE) and Professional Education (PEd) exams must be submitted by Dec. 17, 2021.
If you have any questions regarding student teaching, please contact us at 305-348-2082 or email: