The Office of Clinical Experiences helps coordinate students' placement in their field experience, student teaching, and counseling practicum and internships. Contact us at 305-348-2082 for more information.
Due to COVID-19, field experiences are not being scheduled at this time.
In order to ensure that the School of Education and Human Development complies with the regulations of the hosting districts all public, charter, and private school placements must be arranged through the Office of Clinical Experiences.
To obtain a placement, students need to bring a valid security clearance card (Miami-Dade County) or badge (Broward County) and a copy of their course schedule to the Office of Clinical Experiences in ZEB 130, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
Please be aware of the following policies:
- All placements must be arranged through the Office of Clinical Experiences.
- All students must be fingerprinted and cleared before beginning field experience hours.
- Placement requests must be arranged before the mandatory school Orientation.
- Students must attend Orientation to comply with district and building policies as set forth by the building administrator.
- Students must demonstrate professional behavior and appropriate attire at all field sites.
Application for All Initial Teacher Education Programs - Fall 2022
The Office of Clinical Experiences will accept online applications for Fall 2022 Student Teaching from Monday, Feb. 14 to Friday, April 1.
Student teaching applicants must pass all parts of the GK in order to apply. Passing scores for the Professional Education and Subject Area Exams must be submitted by Aug. 1, 2022.