Competitive events at the FEA Conference provide aspiring teachers opportunities to explore careers in education and demonstrate their knowledge, skills and leadership in the field. Competitive events fall into two categories: individual and chapter competitions.
Competitive events are open to high school students ONLY.
The FIU Office of Scholarships is proud to offer, once again, the FEA Gold and Blue Scholarship valued at $10,000 ($2,500 per year) to the first-place winners of the FEA individual competitions.*
*Students must be a citizen of the United States, a U.S. lawful permanent resident, an international student with an F-1 visa, or an eligible non-citizen to receive the scholarship.
Registration for the 2022 FEA Competitions will open on October 10 and close on October 28.
Registration for the FEA competitions is by invitation only. To enter, the sponsoring teacher must submit the Online Competition Entry Form by 5:00pm, October 28, 2022 to register students in ALL Individual and/or Chapter Competitions. The link to access the Online Competition Entry Form will be emailed to the sponsoring teacher.
Read the General Competition Guidelines for rules and more information.
- Registration for all competitive events must be completed by the FEA sponsoring teacher.
- Competitors' names and email addresses are required to complete the online registration form.
- All competitors must be registered to attend the conference on the Eventbrite website. Competitors that are not registered on Eventbrite will be disqualified.
- The number of entries is capped for the individual and chapter events (please refer to the individual and chapter competition guidelines to view the number of entries allowed per chapter for each competition).
- Competition entries will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and will be limited to the total number of participants indicated in the guidelines.
- Individual competitors can register for one (1) competition only.
- To allow more chapters to register for the group competitions, entries will be accepted for either the Ethical Dilemma competition or the Researching Learning Challenges competition.
- Competitors must report to their assigned competition room on time. Failure to report at their scheduled time can result in disqualification.
- Participation in the Chapter Display Competition is highly encouraged! This is a great opportunity to highlight your FEA chapter and your school!