Competitive events at the FEA Conference provide aspiring teachers opportunities to explore careers in education and demonstrate their knowledge, skills and leadership in the field. Competitive events fall into two categories: individual and chapter competitions.
Competitive events are open to high school students ONLY.
The FIU Office of Scholarships is proud to offer, once again, the FEA Gold and Blue Scholarship valued at $10,000 ($2,500 per year) to the first-place winners of the FEA individual competitions.*
*Students must be a citizen of the United States, a U.S. lawful permanent resident, an international student with an F-1 visa, or an eligible non-citizen to receive the scholarship.
Registration for all competitive events is now CLOSED. Good luck to all the individual and chapter competitors in these final days of preparations. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Registration for the FEA competitions is by invitation only. To enter, the sponsoring teacher must create a Group for the school/chapter on the Eventbrite registration site and register to attend the event. The link to access the Online Competition Entry Form is available on the Eventbrite Online Event page. To access the Eventbrite Online Event page, you will need to sign in with the email address you used to register for this event.
- Registration for all competitive events must be completed by the FEA sponsoring teacher.
- Competitors' names and email addresses are required to complete the online registration form.
- All competitors must be registered to attend the conference on the Eventbrite website. Competitors that are not registered on Eventbrite will be disqualified.
- The number of entries is capped for the individual and chapter events (please refer to the individual and chapter competition guidelines to view the number of entries allowed per chapter for each competition).
- Competition entries will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and will be limited to the total number of participants indicated in the guidelines.
- In order to allow more chapters to register for the group competitions, entries will be accepted for either the Ethical Dilemma competition or the Researching Learning Challenges competition.
- Competitors must arrive to their respective competition Zoom room at least 10 minutes prior to the beginning of their assigned time. If competitors miss their assigned time slot, they will not have an opportunity to present their entry to the competition.
- Individual competitors can register for one (1) competition only. Individual competitors registered in the Leadership in Education Essay Competition are exempt from this rule and can register for another competition.
- Participation in the Chapter Display Competition is highly encouraged! This is a great opportunity to highlight your FEA chapter and your school!