An education in mathematics or statistics prepares you to excel in many fields.
Students and graduates may build their skills and further their careers through our department.
For the most recent opportunities, visit CASE News - Department Opportunities.
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics hires mathematics tutors.
Qualifications: A math tutor must have received grades of B or better in Multivariable Calculus (MAC 2313) and Differential Equations (MAP 2302). Preference will be given to applicants who (1) are students in the Mathematics Department, (2) have tutoring experience, (3) have received good grades in mathematics coursework, or (4) have good recommendations. We are also very interested in tutors who, in addition to the requirements described above, also are familiar with Social Choice Mathematics (MGF 1107) or Calculus for Business (MAC 2233) (with graphing calculators). There is funding to pay for tutors to learn these courses.
Responsibilities: Math tutors work in GL 120 helping FIU students with questions about their math courses. Tutors must show up on time for their assigned hours. Failure to keep assigned hours may result in termination.
Pay: The pay is $12/hour for tutors without undergraduate degrees and $15/hour for tutors with bachelor degrees.
- CASE News - Department Opportunities
- Mathematical Association of America
- American Mathematical Society: Careers in Mathematics
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics: Careers in Applied Mathematics
- Best Colleges: Best careers for math majors
- BIG (Business, Industry, Government) Math Network
- Data science careers - DiscoverDataScience.org
- Learn How to Become: Insurance Degrees and Careers
- Master's in Data Science: Careers in data science
- Master's in Data Science: Top programs in data science
- Master's in Data Science: Top programs in data analytics
- Southern Teachers Agency