Our Minor in Statistics enables students to develop a degree of expertise and knowledge in this field in addition to their major academic program of study.
This minor requires five courses, including one of:
- MAC 2312 Calculus II (4)
- STA 2023 Statistics for Business and Economics (3)
- STA 2122 Statistics for Behavioral and Social Sciences I (3) OR STA 3111 Statistics I (3)
Both of the following:
- STA 3163 Statistical Methods I (3)
- STA 3164 Statistical Methods II (3)
And two of the following:
- STA 3033 Introduction to Probability and Statistics for CS (3) OR STA 4321 Introduction to Mathematical Statistics I (3) (MAC 2313 is a prerequisite for STA 4321)
- STA 4322 Introduction to Mathematical Statistics II (3)
- STA 4202 Introduction to Design of Experiments (3)
- STA 4234 Introduction to Regression Analysis (3)
- STA 4502 Introduction to Nonparametric Methods (3)
- STA 4664 Statistical Quality Control (3)
For more information, consult the Undergraduate Catalog.
Current degree-seeking students should submit the Change of Program/Plan form to add a minor. Approved minor applications will be forwarded to the Registrar for processing.