Bigger isn't always better - just observe the mighty biology of the tiny but resilient plankton.
Examine plankton species and their complex anatomies under high-powered microscopes. Build plankton models based on real-world adaptations and test their effectiveness in water.
Reserve This Program
Fill out our form to begin your reservation. Lab experiences last 60 minutes. Each session accommodates up to 30 individuals. Experiences are primarily offered during core hours of 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Offered Monday–Friday
- Requires a strong internet connection
- $200 for first virtual lab; 10% each additional virtual lab of the same theme on the same day
- Primarily offered on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Hosted at your site; requires a classroom, library or other quiet setting
- $250 for first in-person lab; 10% off each additional lab of the same theme on the same day
Requests for alternate days or times will be considered. Within 48 hours after you submit your request, an Education Outreach team member will contact you to discuss your proposed itinerary. Once everything is reviewed and set, the invoice will be sent.
Check out how our program aligns to Florida Department of Education and Scout benchmarks:
More to Explore
Want to get more from your adventures?
Combine labs, demos and field trips to reinforce learning and fun.
- Animal Encounter – Get to know the creatures that help keep the balance of marine and coastal ecosystems everywhere. Dive in as you explore marine invertebrates from Biscayne Bay.
- DNA Detectives – Explore the mysteries that can be solved through the power of genetics through this lab which examines different methods to extract and analyze DNA.
- Squid Dissection – Starting out as zooplankton, discover how a squid’s unique internal and external morphology is crucial to its survival.