Our Bachelor of Arts in Earth Science Education provides a broad background in earth sciences for a career in science education or public or private administration dealing with earth and environmental science issues.
Upon completion of this program, you will be eligible for an Earth-Space Science (grades 6-12) Professional Teaching Certificate and be considered a highly qualified teacher. You may choose to teach, pursue graduate school or work in various industries requiring a strong background in earth sciences.
- Strong focus on research-based strategies for teaching and learning science, intensive field teaching experience, and personal guidance from master teachers and faculty
- Engaging, discipline-specific pedagogy courses like Problem-based Instruction in Mathematics & Science, Classroom Interactions, and Knowing & Learning in Mathematics & Science
- 120-credit-hour program culminates in a semester-long student internship
- Program modeled after the nationally acclaimed U-Teach program at University of Texas at Austin
Visit FIUteach for more information about this program.
College to Career
- Middle or high school teaching
- Soil science