Dr. McIntyre-McCullough, a former Miami-Dade County Public School English Educator, has worked in the school system for 20 years teaching Advanced Placement, ESOL, Reading, Summer Enrichment, Pre-AP, Advanced, and International Baccalaureate courses. She has been an International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program Coordinator, English Department Chair at the middle and high school level, a Writing Coach, a National Board for Professional Teaching Standards awardee, and a Critical Friends Group Coach. With a constant drive to assist students in being successful, she continues her work as the English Education Program Leader at Florida International University promoting the need for critical awareness of reading texts, the social and emotional needs of students as necessary to educational practice, and the connectedness of the world to our present locale.
- The marginalization of curriculum, teachers, and students
- Teacher professionalism
- Language education in Latin America and the Caribbean
- BS, Florida International University, English Education, Minor Spanish, Minor TESOL, 1998
- MS, Florida International University, English Education, 1999
- EdSp, Florida International University, Curriculum and Instruction, 2011
- EdD, Florida International University, Teachers' Experiences in and Perceptions of their 12th Grade British Literature Classrooms, 2013