We provide academic and enrichment services in mathematics and the sciences that give Pell Grant-eligible, first-generation students the competitive edge necessary to enter rigorous college programs in the STEM disciplines. As a supplement to academics, the program provides a wide variety of services and activities that are of a personal, career and cultural nature.
The federally funded program is year-round, with an additional summer residential program that offers students the opportunity to have a college experience, including living in dorms and taking classes during the day.
Participating high schools in this program
To be eligible for Upward Bound Math-Science, students must:
- Have higher education interest in STEM fields
- Have an unweighted 3.3 GPA for current high school students
- Meet Department of Education income needs
- Be a first-generation college student
- Enter as a 9th or 10th grader
- Attend one of the secondary institutions UBMS currently serves: North Miami, North Miami Beach, Miami Central, Miami Northwestern, Miami Norland and Miami Carol City
Upward Bound Math-Science is a federally funded TRIO program derived from the Higher Education Act of 1965 that seeks to assist Pell Grant eligible, first-generation students attain their goal of post-secondary education in Science, Technology, Math and Engineering (STEM). Florida International University has been a host institution for Upward Bound Math-Science since 2007 and serves the students of Miami-Dade County.
- Tutoring - Tutoring services are available for active participants
- College Counseling - Please contact us to schedule: email@example.com
- QuickTalks - Please contact us to schedule: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Test Prep - Please contact us for more information on test prep options: email@example.com
- College Tours - Virtual and in-person tours will be held during Summer Program.
- Summer Program - June 20 - July 29, 2022
Upcoming events will be posted here.