Participating high schools in this program
To be eligible for Upward Bound Math-Science, students must:
- Have higher education interest in STEM fields
- Have an unweighted 3.3 GPA for current high school students
- Meet Department of Education income needs
- Be a first-generation college student
- Enter as a 9th or 10th grader
- Attend one of the secondary institutions UBMS currently serves: North Miami, North Miami Beach, Miami Central, Miami Northwestern, Miami Norland and Miami Carol City
Upward Bound Math-Science is a federally funded TRIO program derived from the Higher Education Act of 1965 that seeks to assist Pell Grant eligible, first-generation students attain their goal of post-secondary education in Science, Technology, Math and Engineering (STEM). Florida International University has been a host institution for Upward Bound Math-Science since 2007 and serves the students of Miami-Dade County.
- Tutoring - Currently online and by appointment only.
- College Counseling - Currently online and by appointment only.
- QuickTalks - Currently online and by appointment only.
- SAT Prep - UBMS students have access to a 24/7 SAT prep course. For log-in info, email email@example.com.
- College Tours - Please stay tuned for new dates.
- Summer Residential Program - Please stay tuned for Summer '21 details.
- Education and Human Development Opps
Upward Bound Math-Science seeks summer counselors
Upward Bound Math-Science has an immediate need to hire counselors for the 2021 summer program taking place from [...]
- Biscayne Bay
UBMS credits university collaboration to summer success
Upward Bound Math-Science wrapped up another successful summer residential program for local high school students. The program, [...]
- Biscayne Bay
UBMS Hosts National TRIO Day celebration
Upward Bound Math-Science, one of FIU’s TRIO programs, hosted more than 350 guests on February 23 to [...]
Upcoming events will be posted here.