Participating high schools in this program
To be eligible for Upward Bound Math-Science, students must:
- Have higher education interest in STEM fields
- Have an unweighted 3.3 GPA for current high school students
- Meet Department of Education income needs
- Be a first-generation college student
- Attend one of the secondary institutions UBMS currently serves: North Miami, North Miami Beach, Miami Central, Miami Northwestern, Miami Norland and Miami Carol City
Upward Bound Math-Science is a federally funded TRIO program derived from the Higher Education Act of 1965 that seeks to assist Pell Grant eligible, first-generation students attain their goal of post-secondary education in Science, Technology, Math and Engineering (STEM). Florida International University has been a host institution for Upward Bound Math-Science since 2007 and serves the students of Miami-Dade County.
- Tutoring - Mondays and Wednesdays 2:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. during the school year.
- Saturday Labs - Fall semester Saturday labs run from September 28 until winter break.
- College Counseling - Contact our office to schedule an appointment 305-919-4045.
- QuickTalks - After-school 30-minute one-on-one session with Mr. Joseph to discuss all academic topics.
- SAT Prep - UBMS students have access to a 24/7 SAT prep course. For log-in info, call 305-919-4045.
- College Tours - Tours are available for active UBMS juniors in good standing.
- Summer Residential Program - Please stay tuned for Summer 2020 details.
Saturday labs resume September 28
Math & science tutoring Mondays & Wednesdays after school
SAT prep available 24/7
For log-in info, call 305-919-4045.