You may initiate an Electronic Petitions (e-petition) for instances such as a committee member attending your defense via Skype; filing for a leave of absence; or requesting waivers of late fees, changes to your research assistant/teaching assistant contract after the deadline, and other exceptions. Check with the Director of Graduate Studies or the Graduate Secretary to determine if an e-petition is needed.
- To initiate an e-petition, draft a memo requesting the exception with a detailed rationale. The memo should be addressed to the University Graduate School.
- For early graduation or changes to your contract, you must consult with the Director of Graduate Studies and your program director. In some circumstances your mentor may need to write a memo of support.
- For an e-petition for a committee member to attend a meeting via Skype, the committee member will have to supply their CV. Once all documents are ready, email them to email@example.com. The Graduate Secretary will initiate the petition.
- The graduate secretary will submit the petition on your behalf and notify you of any additional documents needed.
- The e-petition requires approvals by the Graduate Program Director, the dean of CASE and the dean of UGS.
- Once your petition decision is made, UGS will send you an automated email.