Our colloquium series brings linguistics experts from FIU and beyond to share their research with students. See also the Barbara Gordon Lecture Series.
- Spanish-Language Text in Popular Literature - Dr. Almeida Jacqueline Toribio, Professor of Linguistics, University of Texas at Austin - March 17, 2020
- On English Subject Contact Relatives and Mandarin Existential Coda Constructions - Yaobin Liu, joint work with Russell Tanenbaum - Feb. 4, 2020
- Crossgenerational Variability of Relative Clause Constructions: Bizkaia Basque - Ager Gondra, Professor of Linguistics, University of Miami - Nov. 14, 2019
- Lexical Blending in Slovene as a Result of English Language Influence - Eva Sicherl, Professor of Linguistics, Univerza v Ljubljani, Slovenia - Nov. 7, 2019
- Social Effects on Code-Switching: An ERP Study - Edith Kaan, University of Florida - April 12, 2019