Science is everything we can - and cannot - see.
Activate seemingly invisible gases to reveal their color-based signatures using a spectroscopy carousel and the Periodic Table of Spectra. Explore characteristics of natural light with prisms and refractors and discover how scientists use this process to identify unknown elements.
Reserve This Program
Fill out our form to begin your reservation. Lab experiences last 60 minutes. Each session accommodates up to 30 individuals. Experiences are primarily offered during core hours of 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Offered Monday–Friday
- Requires a strong internet connection
- $200 for first virtual lab; 10% each additional virtual lab of the same theme on the same day
- Primarily offered on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Hosted at your site; requires a classroom, library or other quiet setting
- $250 for first in-person lab; 10% off each additional lab of the same theme on the same day
Requests for alternate days or times will be considered. Within 48 hours after you submit your request, an Education Outreach team member will contact you to discuss your proposed itinerary. Once everything is reviewed and agreed upon, the invoice will be sent.
Check out how our program aligns to Florida Department of Education and Scout benchmarks:
More to Explore
Want to get more from your adventures?
Combine labs, demos and field trips to reinforce learning and fun.
- Energy Matters – Learn more about the energy transformation that charges seemingly invisible gases, revealing their plasmic spectral signature in a group demonstration focused on chemical reactions.
- Discover Your Universe Field Trip – At the Stocker AstroScience Center, South Florida’s only research grade telescope helps us study objects millions of miles away – including identifying celestial bodies by viewing (and deconstructing) their spectral wavelengths.