July 18-August 12, 2022
Camp Explore is a fun-filled summer of educational projects and field experiences based at FIU's Biscayne Bay Campus. Campers will be immersed in our STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) programming. Activities, labs, field games and crafts, and one field trip/week are paired with a recreational half-day of water activities including swimming, kayaking and snorkeling.
Each week of Camp Explore has a different theme and opportunities to explore South Florida's ecosystems through engaging activities and educational field trips. Missed up last year? Check out our camp photos!
- Weekly rate: $280
- Employee weekly rate: $250
- Sibling weekly rate: $270/week
- 4 week session: $960 ($240/week)
- Lunch: $45/week
- Early care (8-9 a.m.): $25
- Late care (4-5 p.m.): $25
- Combo care (early and late): $45
- Extra T-shirt: $10
- NEW Camp Bag - Bug repellent, sun screen, hat, stainless steel water bottle, t-shirt, bag: $40
- Camp: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Early care: 8-9 a.m.
- Late care: 4-5 p.m.
We are accepting 40 campers maximum per week. Campers will be seperated by age level into the following groups:
- Explorers: 6-8
- Investigators: 9-12
- CIT: 13-14 (see below for more information)
Camp is open to ages 6-14. Campers ages 13-14 may attend as Counselors in Training: Learn more about the Counselor in Training program in Frequently Asked Questions, below.
Masks are recommended on FIU campuses to help prevent COVID-19. If you have any specific concerns, please contact Camp Director Nick Ogle at email@example.com.
To join Camp Explore at BBC, please email fill out a registraton form. Please review the registration steps below.
- Fill out a registration form.
- Your registration will be put into our payment system by CASE Education Outreach.
- You will recieve an email with camp information for you to review.
- On FRIDAYS we will send payment links to complete payment for camp.
- Please complete payment within one week of recieving the payment link to keep your spot.
Waivers & Forms
Please read and sign the documents below prior to camp and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Parent Guide has all the waivers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Staff are assigned to groups that remain constant for the duration of the program. Each group is under the direct supervision of a Lead Counselor (a professional with experience working with children), Senior Counselors, and Counselors in Training.
All camp staff undergo and clear a Level 2 background check and attend a mandatory training session before camp starts. Staff will be trained on FIU policies and procedures regarding camp supervision, safety and responding to first-aid needs.
Employment opportunities for Lead Counselor and Senior Counselors will be posted on the FIU careers website.