Camp Explore is a fun-filled summer of educational projects and field experiences based at FIU's Biscayne Bay Campus. Campers will be immersed in activities, labs, field games and crafts along with recreational water activities including swimming, kayaking and snorkeling.
Each week of Camp Explore has different themes, engaging activities and educational field trips. Our STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) programming includes activities and labs, field games, crafts and more.
* Dates/field trips reflect 2023 schedules and are subject to change. Missed last year? Check out camp photos!
- Full week rate: $300
- FIU Employee full week rate: $270
- 4 week session: $1,000 ($250/week)
- Lunch: $45/week
- Early/Late Care: $45/week
- Extra T-shirt: $10
- Throwback T-shirt: $5
- NEW Camp Bag - Bug repellent, sun screen, hat, stainless steel water bottle, t-shirt, bag: $50
* Prices reflect 2023 costs and are subject to change.
Camp is open to ages 6-14. We will be accepting 40 campers maximum per week. Campers will separated into three groups* based on age:
- Jr. Scientists: 6-9
- Investigators: 10-12
- Counselors in Training (CIT): 13-14 (Learn more FAQ)
* Exact age ranges will vary depending on numbers.
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Early/Late Care: 8 - 9 am and 4 - 5 pm
To join Camp Explore at BBC follow the steps below:
- Fill out the registration form.* Your registration will be entered into our payment system.
- You will receive a payment link via email. Payment links will be sent on FRIDAYS. You MUST complete payment within ONE week to keep your spot.
- You will recieve a confirmation email once payment is processed. The registration packet* must be completed and submitted BEFORE the first day of camp.
Waivers & Forms
Read and sign the 2023 Camp Explore Registration Packet* and email to email@example.com before the first day of camp.
FIU employees who choose to pay via payroll deduction should fill out the Payroll Deduction Authorization Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose this form of payment, you will not recieve a payment link. You MUST submit the form within ONE week to keep your spot.
* Registration forms and packets are available when registration opens in March. In the meantime, join the waiting list to get notified as soon as Camp Explore 2024 registration opens.
Frequently Asked Questions
Staff are assigned to groups that remain constant for the duration of the program. Each group is under the direct supervision ofLead and Senior Counselors (professionals with experience working with children) and Junior Counselors.
All camp staff undergo and clear a Level 2 background check and attend a mandatory training session before camp starts. Staff will be trained on FIU policies and procedures regarding camp supervision, safety and responding to first-aid needs.
Employment opportunities for Lead Counselor and Senior Counselors will be posted on the FIU careers website.