Our Minor in Biology enables students to develop a degree of expertise and knowledge in an area of study in addition to their major academic program of study.
- BSC 1010/BSC 1010L and BSC 1011/BSC 1011L
- BSC 2010/BSC 2010L and BSC 2011/BSC 2011L
- One upper-division course (3000-level or above) in three of the following areas: Ecology, Organismal Diversity, Physiology/Biochemistry, or Structure/Development
- One of these elective courses must be at the 4000 level or higher and one must include a lab
- Minimum 10 upper-division biology credits
The following courses do not count as electives: Student Research Labs (BSC 3915, 4914, and 6916), Workshop Biology Labs (BSC 5928, PCB 5238, BSC 6926, etc.), Cooperative Education credits (BSC 3949), Biology of Aging (PCB 3241), and any course for non-science majors (e.g., BOT 1010, PCB 2061, PCB 2099, MCB 2000, BSC 2023, EVR 3013, OCB 2003, and OCE 3014).
For more information, consult the Undergraduate Catalog.
Current degree-seeking students should submit the Change of Program/Plan form to add a minor. Approved minor applications will be forwarded to the Registrar for processing.