Before joining the philosophy faculty in fall 2016, Dr. Scarbrough taught at Portland State University in Portland, Oregon. She received her
Ethical preservation and display of cultural property.
- 2018 "Ruminations of Ruination" The Philosophers' Magazine Issue 81, 2nd Quarter (2018)
- 2016 "Visiting the Ruins of Detroit: Cultural Tourism or Poverty Tour?" The Journal of Applied Philosophy, Vol. 34, Issue 3 (2016).
- 2015 "Authenticity in Ruins: Art Restoration, Architecture, and Beautiful Decay," ARCADE Magazine, Authenticity: Navigating the Real in Cities, Design and Art, Issue 33.2 (Fall 2015).
- 2014 "Unimagined Beauty," Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism, Vol. 72, Issue 4 (Fall 2014), 445-449.
- 2014 Book review of Peg Zeglin Brand (ed.), Beauty Unlimited, Bloomington, Indiana: Indiana University Press, 2013. Hypatia: A Journal of Feminist Philosophy (https://www.hypatiareviews.org/reviews/content/249)