Jeremy Pettit conducts research on depression, anxiety and suicidal behaviors in childhood and adolescence. He has a particular interest in the course of depression, anxiety and suicidal behaviors over time, including interpersonal and cognitive factors that contribute to the onset, maintenance and recurrence of these behaviors. His research also focuses on the development and evaluation of interventions for these behaviors. Pettit is the author of two books and more than 100 research articles and book chapters. His research program is funded by the National Institute of Mental Health.
- Etiology and course of anxiety, depression and suicidal behaviors
- Intervention development and evaluation
- Prevention of suicidal behaviors
- PhD in Clinical Psychology, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- MA in Clinical Psychology, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- BA in Psychology, Lipscomb University, Nashville, TN