Jacqueline S. Lynch
Teaching and Learning
Office: ZEB 259A
Specialty: Literacy Education
Jackie Lynch joined FIU as an Associate Professor in January 2017 after working as an Assistant and Associate Professor of Education at York University, Toronto, Canada for over a decade. Jackie has conducted literacy research in the US and Canada across age groups, with a focus on early childhood and the elementary school level. She has published and presented widely in the literacy field on the areas of early literacy development, family literacy, and teacher professional development. She has an interest in literacy beliefs as well as literacy practice. Jackie has elementary school teaching experience in Canada and South Korea.
- Early literacy development
- Family literacy
- Teacher professional learning in language and literacy
- Home-school engagement
- Sociocognitive and sociocultural approaches to teaching and learning literacy
- Literacy beliefs
Dr. Lynch is available for graduate supervision.
- SSHRC Post-doctoral Research Fellow (Michigan State University)
- PhD (University of British Columbia)
- MEd, BEd (Memorial University of Newfoundland)