Dr. Amir Ali Khoddamzadeh is a sustainable and conservation horticulturist working at the Department of Earth and Environment. Dr. Khoddamzadeh is also affiliated in the Agroecology Program and International Centre for Tropical Botany at the Kampong Botanic Garden. He served as the chair of Seed and Stand Establishment and the chair of Outstanding International Horticulturist Award Committee and Graduate Student Activities in American Society for Horticultural Science. Dr. Khoddamzadeh is the Undergraduate Program Director of the Department of Earth and Environment, Organic Garden Faculty Supervisor and Garden Club Faculty Advisor.
Dr. Khoddamzadeh’s research in sustainable and conservation horticulture science broadly covers how to integrate the science and the stakeholders' need to address the real challenges associated with climate change and species endangerment. This multidisciplinary research addresses a range of topics including in-vitro propagation (tissue culture) and gene-banking (cryopreservation) of the endangered plants, seed technology and biotechnology assessments, and optical non-destructive handheld sensor technology for sustainable water and fertilizer management of horticultural crops which is the very valuable practice for precision management decision making in botanic gardens, farms and nursery production.
- AGR 3930: Agriculture Colloquium: Medicinal, Aromatic, and Poisonous Plants (MAPs) - Fall 2015
- AGR 3930: Agriculture Colloquium: Biotechnology Applications in Horticultural Crops - Fall 2016
- AGR 3930: Agriculture Colloquium: Seed Technology, Biology, and Conservation - Fall 2017
- AGR 4240: Modern Crop Production/*AGR 5241: Advance Modern Crop - Spring
- EVR 1001: Introduction to Environmental Science - Fall and Spring
- EVR 4274: Sustainable Agriculture - Spring 2016
- HOS 3012: Introduction to Horticulture Sciences/*EVR 5935 - Fall
- HOS 3012L: Horticulture Science Lab - Fall
- Horticulture Professional Certificate Program - FNGLA Workshop - Fall
- IDS 4232: Sustainability in Action - Spring
- Orchid Professional Workshop - Spring
- PhD, University Putra Malaysia, 2011