Dr. Fabiano is a professor of psychology at Florida International University (FIU). He is a core faculty member in the Clinical Science in Child in Adolescent Psychology Doctoral Program and the Center for Children and Families (CCF).
His program of research has focused on the development, validation and implementation of effective assessments and interventions for children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and their families. He has expertise in assessment and intervention development and implementation for youth with ADHD. This has included the development a rating scale teachers and parents can use to indicate impairment in daily life functioning, a parenting intervention for fathers of children with ADHD, a school-based behavioral intervention for children with ADHD in special education placements and an intensive psychosocial intervention for novice teen drivers with ADHD. He has served as principal investigator or co-investigator on multiple clinical trials that investigated psychosocial and/or pharmacological treatments for ADHD, and these studies have included multiple designs (single-subject, cross-over, between group, adaptive treatment).
- Effective assesments for children and youth with ADHD
- Effective parenting interventions, with an emphasis on fathers and whole families
- Effective school-based interventions, with an emphasis on integratiing effective treatments in both regular and special education settings
- Systematic reviews and meta-analyses of the ADHD treatment literature
- BA - State University of New York at Geneseo
- PhD - University at Buffalo, State University of New York