Dr. Yong Cai's group conducts research in the field of environmental bioinorganic chemistry, biogeochemistry, and bioanalytical chemistry. Various research projects in his laboratory address many interrelated, molecular-level questions regarding the environmental fate and health effect of environmentally important metals and metalloids, such as mercury (Hg) and arsenic (As).
- Biogeochemical cycling of mercury in aquatic environments.
- Environmental fate and transformation of arsenic.
- Metabolism, toxicology, and clinical efficacy of arsenic compounds.
- Environmental implications of engineered nanomaterials.
- BS, Ocean University of Qingdao
- MS, Nankai University
- PhD, Nankai University