- Chemistry and toxicology/pharmacology of bioactive metabolites from microbes, and particularly toxins from marine and freshwater microalgae
- The identification, isolation and characterization of these bioactive compounds, particularly including those from the cyanobacteria (or "blue-green algae"), as they relate to both environmental health and biomedicine.
- BSc, University of Michigan
- PhD, Cornell University
- NIH/NCI Postdoctoral Fellow, Cornell University
- NIH/NIEHS Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Miami