September 7–December 14
Our virtual reading tutoring program provides one-on-one instruction for students to support their literacy development. Tutoring services are provided for students in grades 2-6 through remote learning. Tutors create an individualized literacy plan for each student based on learning styles, skills, interests and needs. The reading curriculum uses quality children’s literature based on reading levels and interests in addition to instruction in reading skills (sight words, phonics, phonemic awareness, vocabulary and comprehension) and writing.
- Two one-hour, one-on-one lessons per week
- Assessment of the student's reading comprehension
- An individualized literacy plan to meet the student's needs
- Teaching reading skills and concepts using creative teaching methods
- Use of quality children's literature
Lessons cost $180 for three weeks (six lessons).