All application materials should be submitted to the Office of Graduate Admissions via the online Graduate Application. Use the graduate admission checklist to get started.
- DeadlinesFall semester/2023: Apply by January 10, 2023, 5 p.m. EST
- GPA: 3.0 undergraduate
- GRE: See below.
- Applicant Statement / Letter of Intent: A statement of the applicant's writing interest and background, which also contains, if applicable, the applicant's request to be considered for a teaching assistantship. Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two letters required. Please submit to email@example.com
- Additional Requirements:
- Nine semester hours of undergraduate work in creative writing from an accredited college/university
- One writing sample in either poetry (up to 20 pages), fiction/non-fiction (up to 25 pages), or screenplay (first 30 pages plus a synopsis). The writing sample must be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
*The GRE is not required. However, an applicant may choose to submit GRE scores, which will be taken into consideration along with the other components of the applicant's application.
For additional requirements, consult the Graduate Catalog.
- FundingA limited number of tuition fee waivers, fellowships and teaching assistantships with a Fall/Spring semester stipend of approximately $12,000 are available. Notify the Program Director in your letter of intent if you are interested in being nominated for financial assistance — these positions will require various instructional and research activities. To be eligible to receive tuition remission, you must file a FASFA.