Camp Discover is a fun-filled summer of educational activities and field experiences based at FIU's Modesto A. Maidique Campus. Campers will be immersed in concepts ranging from marine and environmental science to space exploration, physics and technology to arts and crafts.
Each week of Camp Discover features thematically aligned activities and educational field trips. Our STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) programming includes hands-on experiences like labs, field games, crafts and more.
* Dates and field trips reflect our 2023 schedule and are subject to change. Missed us last year? Check out our activities!
- Full week rate: $300
- FIU Employee full week rate: $270
- 4 week session: $1,000 ($250/week)
- Lunch: $45/week
- Early/Late Care: $45/week
- Extra T-shirt: $10
- Throwback T-shirt: $5
- NEW Camp Bag - Bug repellent, sun screen, hat, stainless steel water bottle, t-shirt, bag: $50
* Prices reflect 2023 costs and are subject to change.
Camp is open to ages 6-14. We will be accepting 40 campers maximum per week. Campers will separated into three groups based on age:
- Explorers: 6-9
- Investigators: 10-12
- Counselors in Training (CIT): 13-14 (Learn more FAQ)
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Early/Late Care: 8 - 9 am and 4 - 5 pm
To join Camp Discover at MMC follow the steps below:
- Fill out the registration form. Your information will be entered into our payment system.
- You will receive a payment link via email. Payment links will be sent on FRIDAYS. Please complete payment within ONE week of receiving to keep your spot.
- You will recieve a confirmation email once payment is processed. The registration packet must be completed and submitted BEFORE the first day of camp.
Waivers & Forms
FIU employees who choose to use payroll deduction should fill out the Payroll Deduction Authorization Form and email it to email@example.com. If you choose this form of payment, you will not recieve a payment link. You must submit the form within ONE week to keep your spot.
Frequently Asked Questions
Staff are assigned to groups that remain constant for the duration of the program. Each group is under the direct supervision of Lead and Senior Counselors (professionals with experience working with children), Junior Counselors and Counselors in Training.
All camp staff undergo and clear a Level 2 background check and attend a mandatory training session before camp starts. Staff will be trained on FIU policies and procedures regarding camp supervision, safety and responding to first-aid needs.
Employment opportunities for Lead Counselor and Senior Counselors will be posted on the FIU careers website.