Each week of Camp Discover has a different theme. Our STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) programming includes activities and labs, educational field games and crafts, field trips and more.
- Weekly rate: $280
- Employee weekly rate: $250
- Sibling weekly rate: $270/week
- 5 week session: $1,200 ($240/week) (BEST VALUE)
- Lunch: $45/week
- Early care (8-9 a.m.): $25
- Late care (4-5 p.m.): $25
- Combo care (early and late): $45
- Extra T-shirt: $10
- NEW Camp Bag - Bug repellent, sun screen, hat, stainless steel water bottle, t-shirt, bag: $40
- Camp: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Early care: 8-9 a.m.
- Late care: 4-5 p.m.
We will be accepting 60 campers maximum per week. Campers will separated into three groups based on age:
- Jr. Scientists: 5-7
- Explorers: 8-10
- Investigators: 10-12
- CIT: 13-14 (see below for more information)
Camp is open to ages 5-14. Campers ages 13-14 may attend as Counselors in Training: Learn more about the Counselor in Training program in Frequently Asked Questions, below.
Masks are recommended on FIU campuses to help prevent COVID-19. If you have any specific concerns, please contact Analisa Duran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To join Camp Discover at MMC, please email fill out a registraton form. Please review the registration steps below.
- Fill out a registration form.
- Your registration will be put into our payment system.
- You will recieve an email with camp information.
- On FRIDAYS we will send payment links to complete payment for camp.
- Please complete payment within one week of recieving the payment link to keep your spot.
Waivers & Forms
Please read and sign the documents below prior to camp and email to email@example.com. The Parent Guide has all the waivers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Staff are assigned to groups that remain constant for the duration of the program. Each group is under the direct supervision of a Lead Counselor (a professional with experience working with children), Senior Counselors, and Counselors in Training.
All camp staff undergo and clear a Level 2 background check and attend a mandatory training session before camp starts. Staff will be trained on FIU policies and procedures regarding camp supervision, safety and responding to first-aid needs.
Employment opportunities for Lead Counselor and Senior Counselors will be posted on the FIU careers website.