Joshua D. Hutcheson
Biomolecular Sciences Institute; Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering & Computing
Office: EC 3319
- Mechanisms through which tissues are built and maintained and the pathological changes that lead to disease
- Cardiovascular diseases - the leading cause of death in Western societies - advanced imaging, materials science, biomechanics, and molecular biology to connect cellular processes to tissue structure and function
- Better understand the mechanisms through which cells sense and respond to each other and to changes in their environment
- Develop new ways to detect initiators of cardiovascular disease and to interventions that restore tissue to a normal state
- Interdisciplinary effort with researchers working at the interface between bioengineering and molecular biology'