Each week of Camp Explore has a different theme and opportunities to explore South Florida's ecosystems through engaging activities and educational field trips.
- Weekly rate: $250
- Employee weekly rate: $230
- Sibling weekly rate: $240/week
- All 4 weeks: $920 ($230/week)
- Lunch: $35/week
- Early care (8-9 a.m.): $25
- Late care (4-5 p.m.): $25
- Combo care (early and late): $45
- Extra T-shirt: $10
- Camp: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Early care: 8-9 a.m.
- Late care: 4-5 p.m.
Due to COVID-19 we will be running camp at a reduced capacity. We can only allow 20 campers maximum. Campers will be together throughout the day and split up if needed depending on the activity.
Camp is open to ages 6-14. Campers ages 13-14 may attend as Counselors in Training: Learn more about the Counselor in Training program in Frequently Asked Questions, below.
To ensure the health and safety of our campers, students, volunteers and staff, special measures are being taken for our camp program including:
- Additional handwashing and sanitizing
- Temperature checks at drop-off
- Requirement of all campers and staff to wear self-provided cloth face coverings
- Schedule modifications
- Physical distancing including limited class sizes
- Additional environmental surface cleaning
- Additional training for camp staff
- P3 app usage prior to each day at camp
We ask the parents of campers to fill out the P3 app daily before dropping off campers. This helps the university monitor the number of people on campus as well as their health and safety.
How to use the P3 App for Summer Camp Programs
- You will receive an email from email@example.com about the P3 App.
- Follow the directions to fill out the P3 Checklist BEFORE coming to campus
- Keep this email by staring it, or saving it to your bookmarks so that you can fill out the checklist every morning.
- This will be used to check into FIU campuses and is for COVID-19 tracking purposes.
The College of Arts, Sciences & Education at Florida International University and Camp Explore follow the CDC’s guidance.
If you have any specific concerns, please contact Camp Director Analisa Duran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for Camp
If you would like to join the waiting list for Camp Explore at BBC, please email email@example.com.
- Register for Camp Explore - coming soon
- 2021 Camp Explore Parent Guide
All campers must have the following forms and waivers signed before camp. The forms are also included in the Parent Guide. Parents can fill them out and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring them on the first day of camp.
All fees include educational/recreational activities, afternoon snack and one camp T-shirt.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Staff are assigned to groups that remain constant for the duration of the program. Each group is under the direct supervision of a Lead Counselor (a professional with experience working with children), Senior Counselors, and Counselors in Training.
All camp staff undergo and clear a Level 2 background check and attend a mandatory training session before camp starts. Staff will be trained on FIU policies and procedures regarding camp supervision, safety and responding to first-aid needs.
Employment opportunities for Lead Counselor and Senior Counselors will be posted on the FIU careers website.