A University-Community-School Alliance
With local partners throughout South Florida, the Florida Local Alliance for Math Literacy and Equity amplifies the voices of teachers, parents, students and other community members in supporting mathematics education.
The alliance engages in meetings; site visits; support for the implementation of rich and rigorous math curriculum and student-centered pedagogy; professional development; and ongoing assessment of research and documentation.
"And here we are … in this country now - and it really is one minute to twelve - we can really turn the tide … to end the racial nightmare, and achieve our country, and change the history of the world. If we do not now dare everything, the fulfillment of that prophecy, re-created … in song by a slave, is upon us: God gave Noah the rainbow sign, No more water, the fire next time." —James Baldwin, The New Yorker
- The Algebra Project
- Broward County Public Schools
- Broward Community College
- The Young People's Project
- Miami Algebra Project Council
- Sobe Innovative Rehabilitation
- South Florida Black Professionals Network
- Broward County Public Schools Parent Committee
- Broward County Public Schools Teacher Committee
- Broward County Public Schools Student Committee