CASE stays active year around with a multitude of events from various disciplines.
Develop your knowledge with continuing education opportunities.
Provide engaging learning experiences for K-12 learners
- Barbara Gordon Memorial Lecture and Linguistics Festival: The Department of English brings together top linguistics experts to advance research locally and internationally.
- Biennial Conference: One of the world’s leading international forums focusing on state-of-the-art, evidence-based prevention and treatments for child mental health. Join interdisciplinary lectures and hands-on experiences to learn both basic and advanced strategies to effective interventions.
- Glaser Distinguished Seminar Speaker Series: Every spring, the Department of Biological Sciences invites top leading researchers and connects the FIU community to one of the best biologists in the world.
- Lawrence A. Sanders Prize in Fiction: The FIU Creative Writing Program recognizes a writer of fiction who blends literary quality while drawing in popular appeal.
- Ocean Life: A monthly series that brings researchers, academics and experts to the Keys to educate, entertain and inspire audiences of all ages.
- Our Common Future presented by the Donald Blechman Memorial Lecture Series: Renowned researchers, scholars, public intellectuals, and the citizens of South Florida discuss the critical environmental issues facing the world today.
- Stocker AstroScience Star Parties: Visit our weekly star parties and get a closer look at far off universes.
- Writers on the Bay: Reading Series: Join international creative writers, including MFA alumni, for ongoing readings and lively discussions.
Want to Become an Educator?
CASE has different paths to take toward your career in education, offering subject-based education and alternative certification.
Want to Hire or Support FIU Students?
Our students are always looking for employment opportunities and we would love to help form partnerships to help them on their career.