To pursue a career in Recreational Therapy, there are several different academic tracks that students can choose from to further customize their education. Both tracks can be completed on campus or online.
- BS in Recreation and Sport Management: Pre-Recreational Therapy/Adaptive Recreation
Lower Division Preparation
To qualify for admission into the program, students must meet all published admission requirements which include: program prerequisites, General Education/Gordon Rule, GPA = 2.0. *The RT 4+1 track requires a 3.2 overall GPA.
Pre-Recreational Therapy Prerequisities
- DEP 2000 Human Growth and Development
- ZOO3731/L Human Anatomy OR PET 3325c Anatomy for Exercise and Sport Sciences
- HSC 3549 OR PCB2099 OR APK3110 Physiology
- Combined 4+1 BS/MS in Recreation and Sport Management: Recreational Therapy
To be considered for admission to the combined Bachelor’s/Master’s degree program,
studentmust have completed 75-90 credits in the Bachelor’s degree program to which they are applying. Students need only apply once to the combined degree program, but the application must be submitted to Graduate Admissions before the student starts the last 30 credits of the Bachelor’s degree program. A student admitted to the combined degree program will be considered to have undergraduate status until the student applies for graduation from their Bachelor’s degree program.
Upon conferral of the Bachelor’s degree, students will be granted graduate status and be eligible for graduate assistantships. Only 5000-level or higher courses, and no more than the number of credits specified by the program catalog may be applied toward both degrees.
- Current enrollment in the Bachelor’s degree program in Recreation and Sports Management, Pre-Recreational Therapy/Adaptive Recreation Track.
- Completed 75-90 credits of coursework.
- Current GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Completed LEI 3703 with a grade of "C" or higher.
- International graduate student applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit a score for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). A total score of 80 on the iBT TOEFL or 6.5 on the IELTS is required.