- Dr. Susan Wallace from the University of Vermont will host a seminar - Dec. 1
Friday, Dec. 1, 2017, 11am-12pm, AHC3 205
Dr. Susan Wallace from the University of Vermont will host a lecture. Her research interests include oxidative DNA damage and repair, and interactions between DNA damages and DNA polymerases.
- Dr. Peter Lu from Bowling Green State University will host a seminar - Nov. 17
Friday, Nov. 17, 2017, 1:30pm-2:30pm, GL 100A
Dr. Peter Lu from Bowling Green State University will host a seminar on single molecule biophysics.
- Dr. Carlos A. Torres-Ramos from University of Puerto Rico will host a lecture - Oct. 8
Sunday, Oct. 8, 2017, 3pm-3:50pm, SIPA 220
Dr. Carlos A. Torres-Ramos from
Universityof Puerto Rico will host a lecture. His research interests are cell and molecular biology.
- The Yin and Yang of osteopontin splicing isoforms in cancer - Sept. 15
Friday, Sept. 15, 2017, 3:30pm-4:30pm, AHC4 402
Professor Etel Gimba
wilbe giving a talk to describe how OPN splice variants differently contribute to different aspects of tumor progression.
- FIUMASS: MS experience for all - July 18
Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 3pm-5pm, AHC4 101
The target audience for this event includes summer interns (e.g., REU, SRI, FSTAR), graduate and undergraduate students, and post-docs. Pizza will be served at 3:00 pm.
- The Med Writers - The Rapidly Growing Field of Medical Writing - July 12
Wednesday, July 12, 2017, 11am-12:
30pm, AHC4 402
Dr. Karen Vieira from Med Writers will give a talk geared to faculty and students about the alternative career path of medical writing and editing.
- Genome Solver Workshop - June 5
Monday, June 5, 2017, 9am-5pm, WC 130
Join us for a Genome Solver hands-on workshop with Dr. Anne G. Rosenwald, Georgetown University and Dr. Gaurav Arora, Gallaudet University.
- New Developments in Mass Spectrometry-based Metabolomics - April 21
Friday, April 21, 2017, 11am-12pm, PG5 153
Dr. Facundo Fernandez from Georgia Tech University will host a lecture.
- Mechanisms of R-loop Dependent CAG Repeat Fragility and Instability - March 24
Friday, March 24, 2017, 11am-12pm, PG5 153
Dr. Catherine Freudenreich from Tufts University will host a lecture.
- Different mechanisms for lesion bypass by translesion DNA polymerases - Feb. 3
Friday, Feb. 3, 2017, 11am-12pm, PG5 153
Dr. Wei Yang from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases/NIH will host a lecture.