Dr. Shimon Wdowinski received a B.Sc in Earth Sciences (1983) and M.Sc. in Geology (1985) from the Hebrew University (Jerusalem, Israel) and
- B.Sc in Earth Sciences, The Hebrew University (Jerusalem, Israel)
- M.S. in Engineering Sciences, Harvard University
- M.Sc. in Geology, The Hebrew University (Jerusalem, Israel)
- Ph.D. in Geophysics, Harvard University
Dr. Shimon Wdowinski's research has focused on the development and usage of space geodetic techniques that can detect very precisely small movements of the Earth’s surface. He successfully applied these techniques to study tectonic plate motion, earthquakes, land subsidence, sinkhole activities, wetland hydrology, climate change, and sea level rise
- 2018 FIU Top Scholar – Established Faculty with significant grants.
- 2017 FIU College of Art, Sciences, and Education (CASE) Award for Research.
- 1990-1992 Ida and Cecil Green scholarship for postgraduate research in Geophysics, IGPP, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UCSD.